Uncle Don's Blog

A place to rant and rave, a place to have my say, to put in my two cents, to provoke opinions and reactions from my friends (seasoned and fresh)... and my critics, too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waterville, Maine, United States

Computer programmer, chess player and movie buff

Sunday, March 16, 2008

Absence Makes the Heart Grow Fonder

Well, it has been a while, hasn't it? Having heard from an old friend recently (and a very great pleasure it was to hear from you, Richard), I am reminded of the value of posting from time to time. For those of you who have been out of touch for a while, our nickname for last year is "The Year of the Move". That may help to explain in small measure why we disappeared from the radar. It took a while to adjust to wireless computing. And throw in a bit of surgery at year's end for the significant other. Pixel went to kitty heaven last year. I have decided to spare you all the other details this year. I am planning to work on the web site a bit more this year and am currently working hard on a "how to put together a web page" kind of thing for my brother. Soon I will update the web site and remove all the PHP things (since they no longer work because of the language upgrades since I wrote the page). I had hoped to rewrite the application in Java anyway, but like so many projects, it has been put off again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home