Uncle Don's Blog

A place to rant and rave, a place to have my say, to put in my two cents, to provoke opinions and reactions from my friends (seasoned and fresh)... and my critics, too.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Waterville, Maine, United States

Computer programmer, chess player and movie buff

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Senor Citizen Tries to Create a Blog


Set up my blog today, but ran aground trying to get my picture loaded in "edit profile". It either can't find it or thinks it's too big. Haven't figured out how to get it working and haven't got the hang of the help yet (the examples and images don't seem to match what I see in front of me in my blog). [If you read the comments, you'll see that things have stabilized. Whew!]

7 Comments:

Blogger Uncle Don said...

Adding a photo to the blog entry was very easy. The problem was trying to add the photo to the profile. Perhaps I will read more of the help provided. In most other respects, creating the blog was very simple. There is one other problem: when I choose "View my complete profile" there are two entries. The top one says there is a problem, to contact Blogger, but doing so doesn't seem to do anything???

5:59 PM  
Blogger Uncle Don said...

Just talking to myself (but this is a required comment)!

6:00 PM  
Blogger Uncle Don said...

Finally figured out how to delete the extra entry in my complete profile. I will continue to work on this and learn enough to help my relatives (and others) set up their own blogs.

7:26 PM  
Blogger Linda S. said...

Welcome to the great world of blogging, Uncle Don! Believe me... when you get, you get it.. and you will hooked along with the rest of us... grin

7:59 PM  
Blogger Uncle Don said...

Well, I finally found the help page that allowed me to put my picture up! That's enough for one day I think. Tomorrow we add the better half (and possibly even the additional half). There will be dog pictures, cat pictures and even fish pictures eventually. Hopefully, this will not occupy all my so-called "spare time"! Thanks to linda_s for the welcome.

9:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Uncle Don for making senior citizenship look like so much fun! Keep up the good work!
Cynical

7:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for that summary of "a year in the life of..." I am glad we got to be a part of a good year for you. Some day I want to be as settled as you seem to be getting.
Hi to the family. Happy New Year!
Cynical

10:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home